S2 Genomics, Inc. is a leading provider of systems for preparing single cell and nuclei suspensions from solid tissues for single cell genomics. We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative in the New England region for a field sales position responsible for the territory’s sales plan.
The Technical Sales Representative will have strong technical knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing or Single Cell Genomics and the ability to effectively consult with customers and influence key decisions on product choices.
Strong business acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate the territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key opinion leaders in the Next Gen Sequencing or Single Cell Genomics spaces.
- Responsible for selling products into academic, clinical, pharmaceutical and government laboratories
- Develop, plan, and manage to meet or exceed territory sales targets
- Develop the pipeline with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills
- Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenue
- Conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations
- Negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategies to maintain and develop new business
- Understand the single cell analysis market trends, products, customer goals, priorities and challenges to address customer needs, gain competitive intelligence, and effectively compete in the territory
- Effective use of seminars and tradeshows for lead generation and educational opportunities
- Manage sales process through the use of the CRM system
- Support customers on product knowledge with input from R&D/field application scientists
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with initiative and solid business judgment
- Technical credibility to consult with customers on preparation of single cells from solid tissues for downstream solutions
- Understands scientific workflows, project needs, and business needs of the customer to win the business
- Conducts effective demonstrations of the product to prepare single cell and nuclei suspensions from solid tissues
- Proven ability to sell life science solutions to high level customer personnel
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong technical, business, and financial acumen
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Able to maintain ongoing communications with existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Represents the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Sciences with capital equipment sales experience.
- Strong desire to establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing and/or Single Cell Genomics.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory.
- Ability to travel as needed.