Field Application Scientist
The Field Application Scientist is responsible for performing training and supporting customers remotely or at customer sites, providing experimental design, and troubleshooting support for their region. The Field Application Scientist is a key contact for responding to customer issues and maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to facilitate rapid adoption and customer success with S2 Genomics’ products.
- Scientifically partner with customers to assure their success as they pursue their research utilizing S2 Genomics products.
- Train and troubleshoot issues related to user’s technical skills, experimental design, workflow, software, or instruments.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to deepen S2’s understanding of customer problems and the resulting opportunities.
- Act as the point of contact between the customer and S2 for all technical issues in that territory.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Manage customer expectations while exceeding their requirements.
- Coordinate and perform customer site and demonstrations, either in-person or remotely. As well as contribute to coordination materials and products needed for installations and demonstrations.
- Keep customers apprised and trained on current S2 technology and tissue-specific protocols.
- Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation routing within S2.
- Identify, document, and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management.
- Contribute to white papers, application notes, videos, and documentation with the goal of expanding support content.
- Support sales efforts at webinars, trade shows, seminars and technical symposia including presentations and networking with thought leaders.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to the Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Work with customers independently and as part of a team to support their success.
- Work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Be able to problem solve in real time.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- BA/BS with 5 years of experience, or MS/Ph.D. with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS single-cell sequencing workflows and data analysis software and/or flow cytometry, cell sorting, and associated analysis software.
- 2 years customer facing experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics and biochemistry required.
- Knowledge of cell biology or clinical research a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques and PCR, qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
Must be willing to travel as needed for this particular role, once travel restrictions are lifted.
Experience in tissue dissociation and single cell genomics a huge plus
Apply for this job
You can apply for this position via email below.
To apply via email, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Field Application Scientist” along with a copy of your resume and cover letter.