Biology Laboratory Intern
- Will design and conduct lab experiments to develop and verify the Singulator 100 system.
- Conducts literature reviews as need to develop new protocols for single cell and nuclei isolation.
- Will acquire, collate, summarize, and present data in the form of presentations as required by management.
- Will keep a complete record of all experiments worked on either in a lab notebook or electronically, with oversight from manager.
- Writes and contribute to publications, articles, reports, and presentations.
- Will work with rodents and other tissues.
- Prepares progress reports for the PI and funding agency.
- May set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study.
- Required to train to currently designed Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines.
- Requests or acquires supplies or equipment necessary for the project.
- May assist in the formulation of new Safety documents, Work Instruction documents and Standard Operating Procedure documents.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the laboratory including maintaining clean lab benches, making sure labware is cleaned, placing chemicals in their appropriate containments, maintaining MSDS’s, and ensuring waste is disposed of properly.
- Student or recent graduate with a degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry-related fields.
- 1-2+ years academic or industrial laboratory experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of general lab protocols (pipetting, buffer prep, etc.)
- Tissue Dissociation, single-cell prep, nuclei prep
- Tissue isolation and handling
- RNA extraction and QC
- RNA-Seq, sNuc-Seq, 10X Single Cell workflow
- Working knowledge of qPCR, microscopy, cell biology, and spectroscopy
- Lab experience is preferred
- Familiarity with aseptic technique
Top Skills & Proficiencies:
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Technical skills
- Statistical and graphical analysis of data
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
- Planning and scheduling
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organization and time management skills
- Efficient communication skills
- General computer skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment
- The ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential
- Willingness and ability to strictly follow instructions and protocols, and to work meticulously with attention to detail
- Full-time or part-time commitment
Apply for this job
To apply via email, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Biology Laboratory Intern” along with a copy of your resume and cover letter.